Areca Palm Trees for Sale
Stop your search for Areca palm trees at Palmco, a premier palm tree purveyor. With over 600 acres of palm trees for sale, we are one of the largest palm tree plantations in the continental US.
With nearly 3,000 species of palms in the world, there’s one that will work in every landscape. Palmco has been growing and nurturing palm trees since 1984. Our goal is to provide landscape architects, landscapers and wholesale buyers with high-quality plants that are perfect for their growing zones and microclimates.
We specialize in growing and sourcing the world’s finest palms.
We spend a lot of time on our farm and at our customers’ jobsites learning as much as we can about soil conditions, site preparation, installation methods, and maintaining the health of the palms in different types of environments.
We make every effort to deliver our palms on-time, in excellent condition, and ready to plant.
Caring for Clients’ Areca Palms
Areca Palms are exceptionally versatile, capable of being grown indoors and out. So, when your clients ask you to plant them, it’s a good idea to learn a little about caring for Areca palms. Here is some expert guidance:
- Soggy soil causes root rot. This means it is important to ensure that your Arecas are planted somewhere with well-drained soil. Whenever you notice that the soil has dried out it is time to water them again.
- They can tolerate full sun. However, they prefer bright and filtered sunlight. Strong afternoon sunshine can be detrimental so the ideal planting location would offer them some shade at that time to prevent scorching of the foliage.
- They are soil sensitive. Yes, most plants are, but keeping the proper pH of the soil is essential to the survival of the Areca palm. This means amending it with peat moss and sand to improve its porousness and move it to a more acidic pH level.
- Let the soil dry out before watering again. We realize we suggested that in our first bit of advice, but it is so important we are reiterating it here. Areca palms don’t like fluoridated water so collect rainwater for them or use distilled water. And they really can’t tolerate being too wet, let the soil dry out first.
- Arecas really like to eat. This means that they are a palm tree variety that requires fairly consistent fertilization from spring to the early fall. With these palms we recommend a liquid fertilizer and need to stress to you the import of not fertilizing in the winter or late fall as the plant will be dormant at that time.
- Arecas prefer warm weather. They will grow best when the temperature is below 75 but above 65 degrees Fahrenheit. As long as you don’t get cold spells below 50 degrees Fahrenheit this palm will be great. But be warned that cold fronts can cause black spots on the leaves.
When you are looking for expert advice and Areca Palms or other premium quality wholesale plants for sale, Palmco is the place for you. You can reach our professionals at 239.283.1329 for more information or to place an order.