Polyalthia Longifolia Pendula Trees Hollywood, Florida
Are you landscaping luxury residential properties, resort hotels, golf courses, or other locations in Hollywood, Florida, but have too few choices for narrow, columnar tropical trees with beautiful evergreen foliage? Discover Polyalthia longifolia ‘Pendula’ trees, also known as Mast Trees, from Palmco!
Palmco serves all of Florida and the contiguous U.S., providing a wide selection of palms, clumping bamboos, and ornamental plants, including Mast Trees, with different heights, shapes, textures and even colors.
Our wholesale nursery and tree farm is known for producing truly beautiful specimens, including one of the most unique South Florida landscape trees – the Polyalthia longifolia ‘Pendula’, a native of India and Sri Lanka that is also known as False Ashoka, Buddha Tree, Indian Mast Tree, and Indian Fir Tree.
How to Use Mast Trees
The Mast Tree is quickly becoming one of the prime choices of landscape designers in Broward County and along the Gold Coast because they are tall (30 to 45 feet), slender (4 to 5 feet wide when full-grown), symmetrical, evergreen, and an excellent tropical substitute for the Italian Cypress, which is prone to spider mites and fungal disorders in South Florida.
Mast Trees are a great choice when you want to make a big statement in a compact space. Since they only grow 4 to 5 feet in diameter, they can be placed in tight spots that would benefit from high foliage.
- Use Mast Trees as focal points or elegant entryway frames. Set them against tall buildings to soften the look, use them to conceal vertical drain-pipes, or place them around a swimming pool to add privacy. The plants can be placed directly in the ground or planted in large containers.
- Plant Mast Trees as a privacy barrier between homes instead of installing a privacy fence. They don’t take up much more space than a wooden fence and make a far more attractive natural barrier.
- Set multiple Mast Trees in rows to form a tall hedge effect around larger spaces, such as big yards or parks.
- Create a windbreak to protect smaller plants from wind gusts and excessive sun. Mast Trees provide protection in xeriscape gardens where drought-tolerant plants and trees are a necessity.
- Line pathways or avenues with rows of Mast Trees for an elegant appearance, setting them either close together to form a very tall hedge effect or 8 to 10 feet apart for more light and air circulation.
These evergreen trees have very little leaf drop, no pest issues of note, and require little to no maintenance. They prefer well-drained soil, will grow in full sun or partial shade, and are drought-tolerant and moderately salt tolerant when mature.
Polyalthia longifolia ‘Pendula’ trees, a.k.a. Mast Trees., are quickly becoming a prime choice of savvy landscape designers in Hollywood, Florida. You’ll find them for sale wholesale at Palmco. Get in touch with us today at (239) 283-1329 for more information.