Palm Trees for Sale in Tallahassee, Florida
Wondering where to find wholesale palm trees for sale in Tallahassee, Florida? Palmco is Florida’s premier grower of Florida Fancy (FF) grade palms.
Landscaping professionals who visit our 600+ acre palm tree nursery on Pine Island will discover elegant and unique palms that can be quickly dug and delivered.
Pine Island is ideal for growing palm trees due to its location as a barrier island.
The surrounding waters keep the temperatures perfect nearly year-round. Palms in this environment tend to reach their highest potential in height, caliper, and green fronds. With our state-of-the-art, fully automated irrigation systems and extensive nutritional programs, we intend to deliver the best palms.
Instructions for Transplanting Palms
Palms create striking silhouettes in any landscape. Small varieties with attractive trunks and fluffy, full-to-the-ground fronds are beautiful as backdrops or when surrounded by other flowering shrubs. Large varieties, whether majestic or willowy, are spectacular as avenue plantings and as single specimens.
Here are our experts’ instructions for transplanting palms:
- Time it. Because palms usually go through rapid root growth in warm months, consider transplanting them in the spring or early summer.
- Acclimatize it. If you’re going to move the palm to a different location, get it acclimated to the new location by moving it in its container about a week before you transplant it.
- Stimulate it. Dig the hole twice the diameter of the container. A good way to reduce transplant shock is to add a high-quality root stimulator to the hole.
- Slide it. The root ball should slide out of the container easily. Lay larger palms on their sides and, if in plastic pots, cut the plastic with scissors without damaging the root ball.
- Plant it. To avoid root rot, place the palm at the same depth it was growing at previously or slightly above grade. Place the root ball into the container (or ground) carefully, without breaking it apart.
- Water it. Each tree should have its own dedicated source of water; i.e., 2-3 gallon-per-minute bubblers. Larger trees will more than likely require 2-3 bubblers placed on both sides of the root ball.
Palmco’s Environmentally Conscious Growing Process
Florida’s coastal estuaries are under continual pressure from runoff pollution. One of our proudest accomplishments is the regimen we use to grow happy, healthy palms while protecting our island paradise.
Our trees are nourished by state-of-the-art irrigation, fertilization and soil moisture monitoring stations that prevent toxins from leaching into the surrounding soil and ground water.
Our “green” growing process involves no restricted-use chemicals. To reduce our water usage and improve our soil, we recycle all plant waste into mulch for our palm tree beds.
Feeding a tree properly throughout its life can determine its eventual grade. Palmco specializes in growing Florida Fancy (FF) graded palms, which are exceptionally healthy and perfectly formed and foliated.
We welcome you to tour our farm and palm tree fields to check out the top quality of our specimens and our growing process.
If you’re unable to get here, our customer service experts will listen to your jobsite requirements and tag the palms that match your specs. They will email pictures of the tagged palm trees for your approval and arrange shipping or pick-up of the palms you purchase.
Palmco is where you’ll find a wonderful selection of wholesale palm trees for sale in Tallahassee, Florida. Contact us at (239) 283-1329 for answers to any questions you may have about palm trees and bamboos.