Mast Trees Delray Beach, Florida
If you want the look of tall, slender trees in your client’s Delray Beach, Florida landscape, but have no success with the Italian Cypress, Palmco offers wholesale Mast Trees that will make a spectacular substitute.
The Mast Tree, or Polyalthia longifolia “Pendula”, is a beautiful evergreen tree that is covered with graceful, shiny pendulous leaves from top to bottom. It grows symmetrically to 30 to 45 feet and provides an excellent vertical accent for privacy screening, shade, or as a windbreak or noise barrier.
“Poly” means “many,” “longifolia” means “long-leafed,” and “pendula” means “pendulous” or “dangling.” Although it may look like the ornamental tree has no branches, its layers of feathery, wavy-edged leaves hang from drooping branches that closely hug its trunk.
The contrast of new, coppery brown leaves, older lime green leaves, and mature, shiny dark green leaves makes a spectacular show. Once a year in spring, fragrant, pale green star-like flowers blossom and last for two to three weeks.
Mast Tree Landscaping Ideas
Landscape designers throughout south Florida are enjoying the versatility of Mast Trees as a tropical substitute for the Italian Cypress, a tree that’s prone to spider mites and fungal disorders in South Florida.
- Plant them when you need to make a big statement in a compact space. Since Mast Trees only grow to 4 or 5 feet wide, they can be placed in tight spots. They can be placed directly in the ground or in large containers.
- Mast Trees make attractive focal points and elegant entryway frames. Set them against tall buildings to soften their look, use them to conceal vertical drain-pipes, or place them around a swimming pool to add privacy.
- Instead of installing a privacy fence between homes, use Mast Trees as a privacy barrier. They don’t take up much more space than a wooden fence and make a much more attractive natural barrier.
- When landscaping a large yard or a park, use rows of multiple Mast Trees to form a tall hedge effect around large spaces.
- Create a windbreak to protect smaller plants from wind and excessive sun. Mast Trees offer protection in xeriscape gardens where drought-tolerant plants and trees are needed.
- Line pathways or avenues with rows of Mast Trees for a touch of elegant, setting them either close together to form a very tall hedge effect or 8 to 10 feet apart for more light and air circulation.
Why Choose Palmco
Palmco serves all of Florida and the contiguous U.S., and provides a large selection of wholesale FF-grade palms, top-quality bamboos, and ornamental plants with different heights, shapes, textures and even colors. We pride ourselves on our environmentally conscious growing process and our reputation for exceptional customer service.
Our 600-acre nursery is located on Pine Island, Florida, an 18-mile long and two-mile wide barrier island surrounded by protective turquoise waters and moderate temperatures, where we grow an almost unparalleled number of high-quality cultivated plants.
When you’re looking for a Florida nursery to supply you with wholesale Mast trees and other specimens that will grow beautifully in Delray Beach, call Palmco at (239) 283-1329. We can help.