Buy Fruit Trees Naples
You can stop trying to figure out where to buy fruit trees in Naples. Palmco is the perfect solution for all your fruit tree, bamboo, and palm tree needs. We have over 600 acres in cultivation located in gorgeous Pine Island, FL.
We nurture every plant in our warm, fertile environment, giving it ample space to grow with the proper nutrition, and have been assisting landscapers and landscape designers for more than 30 years.
We are always available to help you determine which plants will work best for you. When it’s time to dig your trees for pick-up or delivery, our digging and strapping techniques leave no scarring or trauma to the plants and trees you purchase from us.
Choosing the Right Fruit Tree
There are many great fruit tree options for Florida. As a landscape designer or architect, your job will be to find the perfect fruit trees for your clients. Fruit trees make excellent additions to any landscape, residential or commercial. Therefore, here are some exceptional fruit tree choices to use in your landscaping projects:
- Lychee- Pine Island, where Palmco is located, is a massive commercial producer of these large trees. Lychee thrives in the Southwest Florida climate and will produce fruit after about 3 to 5 years. Lychees prefer well-drained soil but also need some wind protection. They will fruit between late May and early July.
- Carambola- You may know these better as star fruit. Carambola trees make great ornamental additions to any landscape and produce vast amounts of fruit from July to September, then again from November to February. Carambolas need protection from the wind, well-drained soil, and sunny locations. Their fruit has a sweet citrusy flavor and is delicious in salads and beautiful as drink garnishes.
- Avocado- Florida gardens look gorgeous with the addition of avocado trees. Avocados can produce in early, mid, and late seasons, but you need to pay attention to which variety you choose. If your clients want year-round fruit, it’s not a bad idea to plant trees from all three seasons of production. Keep in mind that avocado trees require well-drained soil.
- Mango- This fruit is potentially the most enjoyed and desired around the world. In Florida, people have been growing mango trees for more than 100 years. Mangoes produce their fruit for harvesting in the summer months, and they are very high in vitamins A and C. These are generally small to medium-sized trees and don’t typically surpass 15 feet in height.
- Papaya- If you are working with a smaller area, but your client still wants some fruit trees, papayas are the perfect solution. They fit small spaces well because they grow very upright. Papayas will produce fruit all year long and can be grown from seed. Their fruit is delicious and well-loved in Florida.
- Citrus– Of course, this label incorporates a wide array of different fruit trees, most of which can all be successfully grown here in Florida. If you are planting citrus trees, keep them at least 15 feet apart from other trees and away from structures and septic tanks.
Please visit our Pine Island location for additional information on where to buy fruit trees in Naples, or you can contact our experts at 239.283.1329. We look forward to helping you choose the perfect trees for all your installations.