Bismarckia Palm Trees for Sale
You have arrived at the best location to find Bismarckia palm trees for sale! Palmco has over 600 acres of palm tree production and we are considered one of the largest palm tree plantations in the country.
With nearly 3,000 species of palms in the world, there’s one that will work in every landscape. Palmco has been growing and nurturing palm trees since 1984. Our goal is to provide landscape architects, landscapers, and wholesale buyers with high-quality plants that are perfect for their growing zones and microclimates.
We specialize in growing and sourcing the world’s finest palms.
We spend a lot of time on our farm and at our customers’ jobsites learning as much as we can about soil conditions, site preparation, installation methods, and maintaining the health of the palms in different types of environments.
We make every effort to deliver our palms on-time, in excellent condition, and ready to plant.
How to Care for Bismarckia Palm Trees
Need to learn how to care for Silver Bismarckia Palm Trees because one of your landscape clients has placed an order that requires that? Palmco is an excellent source for palm tree growing and care information. Our experts have three generations of experience in this industry. Here are some of our recommendations for how to care for Bismarckia palm trees:
- Carefully consider your location choice. Bismarckia palm trees are graceful and huge, hailing from Madagascar. So, when you plant them in a client’s landscape or garden it is important to keep in mind that they can grow to heights of 60 feet tall with a frond spread of 16 feet wide.
- Bismarckia are uniquely oversized palms. They have gorgeous, silvery green, copalmate leaves that can be as wide as four feet, and trunks over a foot and a half wide. Because these palms tend to dominate space based on their large size it is best not to use them in small yards.
- Bismarckia will perform best in full sun. However, they are capable of growing successfully in partial sun too. It is most important to ensure that the Bismarckia is out of the way of winds because they can be quite damaging to these trees.
- Soil options are many. While lots of palms are soil sensitive, the Bismarckia can grow in loam or sand so long as there are no nutritional deficiencies. Time released fertilizers of the 8-12-12 variety are most effective for improving the following issues that can impact these trees, deficiencies in potassium, magnesium, and boron.
- Enjoy the ease of caring for Bismarckias. These are pretty hardy trees. They are mostly resistant to pests and diseases and can even be quite drought tolerant once they are established. When you prune, just be sure to remove only fully dead leaves. Cutting partially dead ones will deplete the palm’s supply of potassium and attract pests.
Finding wholesale Bismarckia palm trees for sale is simple when you trust the experts at Palmco. And we can offer you all the instructions you need for your palm tree care. Give us a call at 239.283.1329 for more information or to place an order.