Alexander Palm Trees for Sale
Have a client that has you searching for Alexander palm trees for sale? Good thing you landed here at Palmco! With over 600 acres in palm tree production, we are one of the largest palm tree plantations in the continental US!
We have 20-plus varieties of choice wholesale palm trees for sale and can make your landscaping come alive, whether you need interior or exterior palms.
We specialize in growing and sourcing the world’s finest palms.
Many of our palm varieties provide shade with practically no litter, enhancing the tropical appeal of your landscape, especially around swimming pools. We have many sizes available at our farm and can mix or match heights for any size job. We deliver our palms on-time, in excellent condition, and ready to plant.
Taking Care of the King
The King palm, that is. Alexander Palms are commonly known as King Palms and can be grown both indoors and out. Hailing from Australia, these palms will grow quickly and can reach heights of 40 feet tall! They have ringed trunks and are an elegant addition to any landscape, hardy to temperatures as low as 28 degrees Fahrenheit. But taking care of the King might be out of your wheelhouse, so here are some expert tips:
- Location, location, location. As with all plants, choosing the proper location is key to growing success. While these can be outside or inside, keep in mind how tall they can grow. Or purchase the semi-dwarf varieties. Partial sunlight is best for these palms though they can handle full as well.
- Soil, soil, soil. The King palm will probably require you to amend the soil by ensuring that sand is mixed in. We suggest having about four inches of sand in the bottom of the hole you are placing the palm in and then having the rest of the soil mixed with sand.
- Water, water, water. King palms enjoy water. They like to have their soil remain moist and do require more water than most other palms. Container based palms should sit in a base to catch and retain water and outdoor grown versions should be watered three times a week in summer until the water pools on the surface of the soil.
- Fertilize, fertilize, fertilize. Four times a year is the recommended fertilizing schedule for the King palm. We suggest purchasing a slow-release fertilizer that has labeling of 13-13-13 or 12-4-12 as it comes in pellets that have to be buried about 2 feet away from the base of the trunk. Most garden stores will carry palm specific fertilizers like these.
- Inspect, inspect, inspect. Always keep an eye on your King palms as you want to ensure that damaged fronds are properly cleared and that insects are not on the tree. Spider mites can infest these palms and will appear via noticeable tiny white spots on the leaves of the palm. You can easily treat these with a three to one water to alcohol solution, or a miticide.
Caring for your Alexander palm can be as easy as finding Alexander palms for sale. Get in touch with the experts at Palmco by giving us a call at 239.283.1329 to discuss our spectacular palms or to place an order.