Sunrise Palm Trees For Sale
If you’re looking for familiar or unusual palm trees for sale that will transform your Sunrise, Florida landscape into a tropical paradise, Palmco has many sizes available and can mix and match heights for any size job.
We’ve been growing and nurturing palm trees in Florida for more than 30 years.
Our fertile setting on Pine Island provides a long growing season that allows tropical palms to develop to their most beautiful potential.
Our state of the art “green” growing process ensures that our plants grow healthy and strong and give our customers the quality they demand. Palmco palms can be found at many prestigious locations around the world.
Many people think all palm trees are over 50 feet tall, long-trunked, have coconuts hanging under majestic fronds, and grow only in a tropical climate.
While it’s true that some thrive only in warm, humid climes, some palms are actually bred to withstand temperate climates and cold winters, and can grow as far north as Michigan.
Surprisingly, there are many species that grow no taller than about 10 feet.
Growing Palm Trees in USDA Zone 10
The most important thing you can do is to choose a palm that’s appropriate for your climate.
By virtue of its Broward County location in Southeast Florida, Sunrise falls into USDA Hardiness Zone 10b, where frost seldom occurs and temperatures rarely fall below 30°F to 39°F. Zones 10 and 11 are, in fact, the only areas of the continental United States with a true tropical climate.
Here are a few of our favorite traditional and rare palms at Palmco:
Small Zone 10 Palms
- Alexander– naturally single, but Palmco also grow them as doubles, triples and even in multi trunk beauties
- Areca – dramatic specimen with multiple trunks; industry professionals depend on Palmco’s inventory of field grown Arecas
- European Fan – looks exotic in any landscape; one of the most easy-care cold-hardy palms.
- Mule – the perfect palm; a grand specimen but mature specimens are rare
- Pindo – graceful; one of the hardiest landscape palms currently in production
- Pygmy Date – a great palm for shopping centers and restaurants; most often grown as singles, doubles, and triples but we also grow them with up to 6 heads
Medium Zone 10 Palms
- Caranday– considered rare; makes a stunning focal point and can be used in groupings
- Chinese Fan– has a graceful “weep” or fountain-like effect; Palmco offers single, double, triple and multi configurations
- Foxtail – a regal palm; has one of the most spectacular foliage displays of all palms
- Paurotis – beautiful palm for creating a casual, "naturalized" Florida look
- Queen – features lacy fronds with spectacular clusters of flowers and fruits
- Ribbon – unusual with long, ribbon-like leaves that give it a weeping appearance; excellent insect and disease resistance
Tall Zone 10 Palms
- Canary Island Date – a massive tall palm; majestic shaft resembles a pineapple
- Green Malayan Coconut – the beautiful palm you see in thousands of vacation sunset and sunrise photos
- Maypan Coconut – loves a sunny area with plenty of humidity; tolerates salt well
- Nitida – fast-growing and drought-tolerant; good choice for avenue plantings
- Sabal – Florida’s state tree; salt and drought tolerance make it ideal for coastline areas
- Washingtonia – a fast-growing beauty that’s ideal for street planting
Palmco has palm trees for sale that can make your Sunrise, Florida landscape come to life.
Call today and speak with one of our helpful customer service representatives at 1-855-GOPALMCO or at 239-283-1329.